Rosalita Playing in the Snow

Rosalita Playing in the Snow

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Twitter and Tweets

One thing about Twitter and Social Networking that I find interesting is how connected you can be with people at all times but I am not sure if I really can see myself using Twitter. However, I can see a lot of uses for Twitter in the day to day operations of Tech support. During the Michael Stephens presentation he mentioned that some Tech Support departments use Twitter for updates and outages. I started to think how we could do that with our updated and outages. For power outages a Tweet could be posted if a location was down and then when they were back up. Also, I could see Twitter as a good way to communicate with Technicians in the field, as they are working on problems they can update in real time. With each thing I am trying to not only see how I can use it in my personal life but also how it could be used at work.








1 comment:

Gerald Schwab said...

Twitter is good for those quick updates. I like it for reaching lots of people quickly. I'm not sure I'm that connected to share so much with people (yet) :)